Wednesday, April 10, 2013

Banana Facial? Food for your Face!

Do you put food on your face?  I'm new to this but the more I read and learn, the more I find that people are putting real foods on their face to heal it, nourish it and make it more beautiful.  It seems silly at first but think it over.... what you put into your body should be able to go onto your body as well.

Even though this is a recipe/food blog, I thought I'd share with you the crazy fact that I gave myself a food facial the other day.   My skin actually felt better too.  

Why did I do it?  Well, over the weekend, my face became red and itchy all of a sudden.  It seemed as if I had a small allergic reaction to something I ate (too much chocolate birthday cake I was baking for my daughter) or something environmentally I was exposed to (grass, pollen or something else).   I may never know what caused it but I do know it was driving me crazy.  I wanted to claw my face off it became so itchy.  Luckily the redness went away after a day but the itchiness stayed for three days.  Finally on day three, I took action.  I found a few natural beauty articles about putting banana on your face and I thought....heck, why not?!  I didn't want to use egg or honey.  That seemed too messy.  We always have a lot of bananas in our house.  My husband eats 2-3 a day.  So here's what I did.

Banana Facial
(For one)

All you need is the following:
 - 1/2 banana - not too ripe and not too green (Just eat the other half or share with your kids like I did!)
- A mirror for applying the banana
- And a sense of humor while you apply it to your face  :-)



Just mash up the half a banana in small bowl.  It's okay if there are a few chunks.  That will just make you want to lick your face and give you more to laugh at when you look at yourself in the mirror.

Apply the banana directly to your clean, dry skin.  I applied mine to my face and neck because that was where my skin was itchy.  Now prepare yourself - You will look like a scary monster, like me:



Okay, how about I take this seriously now. 



Is that better?

Now leave the banana on your face for 15-20 minutes.  I laid down on my bed and watched TV for just under 20 minutes while enjoying the tingling, cool and great-smelling flavor of the banana all over my face and neck. 

Wash it away with cool water and wipe away with a cotton pad.  Don't rub.  Just pat, especially if you're doing this for dry, itchy reasons like me. 




There we go!  Still a tiny bit scary but at least my skin isn't itchy and as dry anymore.  The banana really did make my skin feel better.  I think it gave me a small glow too.  For more interesting facts about how a banana can be good for your face (all the vitamins it offers you!) and other banana-related facial news, visit here: http://www.natural-homeremedies-for-life.com/banana-facial.html

Enjoy!  Go Bananas (and nuts)! 

No comments:

Post a Comment