Tuesday, April 16, 2013

Oil and Vinegar Burgers

For the past several weeks, I've had to come up with some very allergen-friendly meals my family  can eat.  My husband has been temporarily avoiding eggs, nightshades (like tomatoes, onions, peppers, etc) and other acidic foods to help his stomach heal.  We're already following a Paleo diet (well he's Paleo, I'm Primal since I eat some dairy in moderation) but we already don't eat gluten, grains, sugars, and so on. 

Geez....What can I make?  Thank goodness we both love oil and vinegar.  A few months ago, a wonderful store called The Bodacious Olive opened here in Pensacola where we live that offers infused vinegars and olive oils of all sorts of flavors.  Our favorite savory olive oil is the Tuscan Herb while our favorite sweet one is Blood Orange (which I use in baking cakes, muffins and breads).  Our favorite vinegars are the berry-flavored ones like strawberry and blueberry.  They even have things like chocolate and coffee flavored vinegars.  You can taste test each kind.  It's truly a unique and taste-bud filling experience! 

Thanks to them, and hubby's food aversions, I've been making a lot of oil and vinegar meals.  (And no I'm not receiving any payments to advertise for The Bodacious Olive - I just really like their products!!)  I think I have perfected this burger one using oil and vinegar as the two main ingredients.  I hope you try it and enjoy it as much as we do!



Oil and Vinegar Burgers
(Makes 4 patties)

1 lb of grass-fed beef (or ground chuck or your choice meat)
2 Tbsp of olive oil (I used my Tuscan Herb flavor)
1 Tbsp of vinegar (I used my Blueberry Balsamic Vinegar flavor)
1 Tbsp of onion powder
1/2 Tbsp of ground basil (or other choice seasoning)
1 tsp garlic powder
1/2 tsp sea salt


Preheat oven to 400 degrees.  Lightly grease a skillet that is oven-safe with olive oil but don't over do it since there is oil and vinegar in your burgers.  Heat stove to medium heat.

Mix all above ingredients into a large bowl.  Blend well and form into four patties. 





Place them in your skillet and cook for 7-8 minutes until brown.  Flip over and cook for another two minutes.  Then place the entire skillet in the oven.  Cook for an additional ten minutes or until your desired style (medium well, well done).

Carefully remove from oven since your whole skillet is hot.  Let it cool for a few minutes before serving.  Enjoy!  You'll be amazed at how well these stick together without any eggs or bread crumbs.  Good stuff!  

No comments:

Post a Comment