Friday, March 22, 2013

Cafe' Creamy Mocha - Made My Way :-)

I used to frequent a certain coffee chain drive-thru quite a bit.  There, I admit it.  You know it's bad when you go through any drive thru and your daughter (three years old at the time) says, "getting coffee mommy?"  Thank goodness I have stopped that habit.  My wallet and my waistline are more grateful!! 

But who says you can't have yummy drinks at home?  It's much cheaper and faster when you consider it doesn't require a car and gas to get there!  Here is my new way of having a Cafe Mocha without all the preservatives, sugar and calories! 



My Way Cafe' Creamy Mocha
(Serves 1)

8-10 oz of brewed hot coffee of your choice - I like Newman's Own Organic Medium Roast
2 Tbsp of half and half organic creamer (Or use non-dairy coconut milk or almond milk)
2 Tbsp of Enjoy Life mini chocolate chips - these are allergen friendly and taste wonderful!
pinch of ground cinnamon - optional



Put all your ingredients out on the table.  Brew your coffee the way you normally do.  (I have a Keurig so I do it the lazy way~!  :-) 

While your coffee is brewing, pour your 2 Tbsp half and half cream (or non-dairy substitute) into a small bowl.  Add in just 1 Tbsp of the Enjoy Life mini chocolate chips.  Heat in the microwave for 10-20 (Mine was ready in 15 seconds.  You may need less or more time depending on your machine's heat.)



Stir your chocolate and cream/milk together until it looks like chocolate syrup.  Like this (pictured below):



Check on your brewed coffee. Is it done?  Immediately after it's done brewing and still piping hot, add in the remaining 1 Tbsp of the Enjoy Life mini chocolate chips.  Stir so the chocolate melts within your brewed coffee.  Now add in your heated creamy-chocolatey syrup you just heated.  Add in your pinch of cinnamon if you like.  Mix well with a spoon.  It will look something like this:



You can top it with some heavy whipping cream or a strawberry slice if you want to get fancy.  I personally left it as is.  I couldn't wait to drink it - the smell was so enticing. 

Mmm, mmm, good!  Now that's an amazing cup of chocolatey coffee!  Just look at my face.  You can tell I'm just soaking it all in..... Lol!



Please consider making your own coffee and drink treats at home.  That's the only way you'll know what's truly being put into it.  You know it will be better for you too! 

Next time I will experiment with iced coffee and other drink concoctions that are good for the warmer months since spring is now upon us.  I'm determined to keep it healthy and make it myself. 

No comments:

Post a Comment