Monday, February 11, 2013

Skillet Salmon Burgers

There are so many health benefits to eating salmon.  However, that pink fish can be hard to obtain fresh and inexpensively.  My husband doesn't care for it much.  I like it.  Salmon isn't my favorite fish but seasoned and cooked properly, it becomes a tasty, good-for-me meal.  I have finally found an easy, cheaper way to cook with it.  I plan on making this a regular lunch rotation for me.  This recipe surprised me at how good it was!  I hope you enjoy it too.



Skillet Salmon Burgers
(Makes 4 patties)

1 can (14.5 oz) of all natural, wild caught packed salmon, packed or caught in Alaska if available - read ingredients carefully and ensure that all you are buying is salmon.  I used a Chicken of the Sea brand for the recipe
2 eggs - preferably from pasture raised chickens
2 Tbsp coconut flour
1 tsp onion powder
1 tsp garlic powder
1 tsp ground mustard
1/2 tsp lemon pepper
1/2 tsp sea salt
1/2 tsp cajun spices/seasonings (optional)
2 Tbsp lime juice, all natural

*The above list may look like a lot but it's just a variety of seasonings and spices.  You can alter them to fit your taste buds. 

Open your can of packed salmon.  Drain it carefully and rinse lightly too.  I put mine in a strainer and poked through it with my fingers to get out any bones or skins.  (I found several small pieces so I highly recommend going through your can of salmon too!)

Place your sorted salmon in a medium size mixing bowl.  Mash and pat down.  Add in your two eggs, coconut flour and all the seasonings.  Stir and blend well. 



Pour in the lime juice last.  Combine and stir again. 

Use your hands to form four salmon patties.  Set aside. 



Grease a skillet lightly with olive oil.  Set heat to medium.  Cook your salmon patties, about 7-8 minutes each side.  Or until your desired darkness.  I like mine almost well done.

Serve over salad or simply eat as is with a seafood dip (mixture of organic ketchup, mustard and mayo).  Soo good and great for you! 

Note: These freeze well too.  Make more than what you need and freeze several patties.  Reheat in the microwave or on the skillet again. 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment