Sunday, February 17, 2013

Berry Chocolate Cake for One

Holy wow, this was good.  And it was only for me.  All me.  Just me.  Oh yeah!  ;-)

I've seen these mug cakes for one but never really tried it until now.  I had a night to myself with my husband and oldest daughter away.  The baby girl was napping and a sweet tooth kicked in.  I needed something soft and easy to eat since I had just had phase two of my braces put on.  (Yes I'm 34 years old and wearing braces.  I wanted to partially relive my teenage years again, what can I say!? :-)  This perfectly hit the spot for me.  The right size.  The right taste.  And just for one - me!
 

Berry Chocolate Cake for One
(Serves 1 - don't share!)

Coffee or tea mug (or ramekin)
1/3 cup of chopped berries - I used blackberries
1 egg
1 Tbsp butter - I like the all natural Irish Kerrygold brand
2 Tbsp almond flour
1 tsp coconut flour
1/4 tsp baking soda
2 drops of vanilla extract
1 Tbsp Enjoy Life chocolate chips
About 1/3 tsp of coconut oil for greasing the mug

In a small mixing bowl, combine your chopped berries, egg, butter, almond flour, coconut flour, baking soda and drops of vanilla extract.  Fold in your chocolate chips last. 



Grease a large coffee or tea mug with coconut oil.  Spoon in the cake batter into the greased mug. 




Microwave on high for 1 to 2 minutes, depending on the heat and consistency of the cake.  Mine was ready in about 1 minute, 40 seconds. 



Let it cool for a few minutes or slice it into pieces before eating.  The cake is very hot from the microwave and heat of the mug. 

I dumped the cake onto a plate so you could see what it looks like.  And so I could take a picture of it.  You can just eat it straight from the mug though!  :-)



Enjoy every last bite.  This is really good stuff and so easy to throw together quickly too. 

No comments:

Post a Comment