Sunday, December 9, 2012

Personal Eggplant Pizza


This is one of my new favorite lunches I make just for me while my husband is working and my daughters don't require my attention.  It's simple, easy and delicious.  And it satisfies me with that "pizza craving" I still get from time to time since I've gone Primal/Paleo. 

I typically eat just three slices for lunch one day then enjoy the other three the next day.  I top mine with a little bit of all natural, Amish cheese but you can leave that out if you can't tolerate dairy. 



Personal Eggplant Pizza

a small bit of olive oil for greasing pan
1/2 of a large Eggplant, sliced into six pieces
1 small can (4 oz) of tomato sauce (read label carefully to find no hidden sugar or salt additives)
6 slices of uncured, nitrite free pepperoni, such as Applegate Farms brand
1/2 tsp onion powder
1/2 tsp garlic powder
1 tsp Italian, all natural seasoning blend
2 Tbsp all natural, freshly grated cheese (optional)

Set your oven to broil.  If you can adjust its temperature, I put mine to about 400 or 450 so it doesn't burn my food.  Each oven is different so watch your carefully. 

Grease your pizza or round pan lightly with olive oil.  Place your sliced eggplant pieces on the pan and spread them out so they don't touch.  Like this:



Broil anywhere from 5 to 8 minutes depending on how you like them.  I like mine slightly brown. 

Remove from oven when you have your desired consistency to make your pizza toppings.  I place my tomato sauce on each eggplant slice first.  I spread the sauce across to cover the entire eggplant.  Then I sprinkle each one with the onion powder, garlic powder and Italian seasoning blend.  Lastly I add the pepperoni slices by Applegate farms.  They are the perfect size to cover an eggplant pizza.  Just one slice per eggplant is all you need. 

Now place back in your oven and broil for another 5 to 10 minutes.  Check it half way through to see if it looks done to your liking.

Remove from oven.  Top with your cheese of choice. 



Let it cool for two minutes.  Then eat and enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment