Thursday, October 11, 2012

Broccoli Chips

I wasn't sure what I should call this recipe.  It has many names out there on the web - roasted broccoli florets, baked broccoli bites, etc. etc.  After thinking of broc-corn (like popcorn but with broccoli), I finally settled on just broccoli chips.  Because for me, eating these reminds me of eating half a bag of potato chips in one sitting, like I've done as a teenager.

My husband and daughter weren't too particularly fond of this recipe but I really liked it.  In fact I cooked an entire head of broccoli and ate it all for my lunch, along with one hot dog.  Oh yeah, I'm not kidding!

Try it and see if you think it's like eating a bowl full of chips, broccoli chips....



Broccoli Chips
(Serves 2-3 or just me by myself! :-)

1 head of fresh broccoli, chopped with the stems cut off
2 Tbsp of olive oil + 1/4 tsp more for greasing your pan
1.5 tsp garlic powder (or use 1-2 fresh garlic pieces, minced)
1 tsp onion powder
3/4 tsp sea salt

Preheat oven to 400 degrees.  Grease your pan with the 1/4 tsp of olive oil



Place all ingredients in a large bowl and mix around.  Make sure the chopped broccoli is coated with the olive oil and seasonings.  Lay out in single pieces on the greased pan.  Bake for 35 minutes.  Broccoli will be dark in color and perhaps very brown on its tiny stems. 




Let them cool for just a minute before popping one into your mouth.  Oh man, that's good stuff!


2 comments:

  1. I just made this tonight and looooved it! Can't wait to use this recipe again very soon! Thanks for posting it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I just cooked some broccoli chips, loved it. Next time I will cook more and share it.

    ReplyDelete