Thursday, May 2, 2013

Less Than Two Minutes, Best Ever Mini Cake


How's that for a title? Less than two minutes, best ever mini cake!  Did that grab your attention?  It should!  It certainly grabs my taste buds. 

I make this at least once a week for my five year old and me to share when we want an afternoon delight.  I always have the ingredients on hand - banana, egg, almond butter and chocolate.  It is oh-so-simple to make and quick to be ready.  And the taste is out of this world!  You're welcome my friends!

Coming soon I will post more cake recipes and a summary of my daughter Lana's first birthday and the treats I made for the celebration.  I can't wait to share them with you!



Mini Cake - Best Ever, Less than two minutes!
Adapted from Detoxinista

(Makes 1 coffee-mug size cake - you can share it or eat it all!)

1 ripe banana, peeled and  mashed
1 to 2 Tbsp of peanut butter (I use almond butter since I try to avoid peanuts)
1 egg, whisked
1 Tbsp of chocolate chips (optional but so yummy - I use the allergy-friendly Enjoy Life brand!)
Coconut oil or olive oil (or other oil of choice) for greasing
1 large coffee mug (or ramekin dish)

How to make it:
1. Place all ingredients in a small bowl and mix well. 
2. Make sure the eggs are whisked and the bananas are mashed up well. 
3. Grease a large coffee mug with olive oil or coconut oil.  Be sure you oil it up the sides as well because the cake will rise. 
4. Pour the cake batter into the coffee mug. 
5. Microwave on high for 1 minute, 20 seconds.  If it seems a bit too wet, microwave for another 20 seconds. 

Be careful - this will be VERY HOT!  You can let it sit at room temperature for a few minutes before eating.  Or you can dump it out onto a plate and place in the fridge to cool for a few minutes. Then dig in.  This is good stuff!



My daughter and I really love this fast and delectable treat!  It's filling and it's a much healthier choice for you then grabbing some sugar-infested, processed snack food from a plastic wrapper in a box. 

Thanks Detoxinista for the original inspiration for this adapted recipe!  It is a wonderful little treat!

No comments:

Post a Comment